Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 minute
Serves: 4, with 2 rolls each
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 8 individual rice wrappers, 8.5-inch-diameter in size
- 2 green lettuce leaves, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 large cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut lengthwise in half
Hoisin peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon (or more, to taste) rice vinegar
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip 1 wrapper into the hot water for 3 seconds to soften slightly. Lay the wrapper flat on the work surface.
- Lay 1 piece of lettuce across the center of the wrapper then top the lettuce with a small handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, and cilantro, leaving about 1 1/2 inches uncovered on each end.
- Beginning with the side closest to you, tightly roll the wrapper around the fillings. Once you have rolled about half of the wrapper around the fillings, arrange 2 shrimp halves, pink side down, on the wrapper. Fold the uncovered ends inward, then finish rolling up the wrapper to enclose the shrimp and fillings completely.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to form 7 more spring rolls.
- Serve the spring rolls with the Hoisin Peanut Sauce.
Head to our Food section for healthy recipes and the latest food trends.
Low Carb Snacks: Energy Food to Keep Weight Away