Graham cracker crust are really simple as cake. However a traditional buttery, flaky cake crust? Less – they take some time, technique, and careful handling.
Here’s the most popular master crust recipe: Crush 11 graham cracker sheets into crumbs. Add ¼ cup of confectioners’ sugar and 6 tbsps of melted butter. Press right into a cake plate and bake at 375°F for fifteen minutes.
Must you blind bake your crust? No. You don’t, however it’s advisable if you are creating a cake having a custard-like filling (just like a Key lime or perhaps a chocolate silk). Blind baking will set the crust, giving a sturdy base for just about any liquid-y teeth fillings.
To master your crust technique, try these helpful tips:
- Make use of a calculating cup or consuming glass to press the crumbs in to the cake plate. You need to use a respectable amount of pressure to actually compact the crumbs together. This can lead to a far more even crust.
- Make certain your crumbs are sufficiently small! Should you not crush the crackers carefully (they ought to resemble sand), the mix won’t hold together too and also the crust will crumble.
- For any truly from-scratch cake, bake your personal graham crackers! You may also make chocolate graham crackers to create the next cake extra-decadent.
- Add sugar and spice! A pinch of cinnamon or cardamom can make your crust more tasty. Consider what spices or herbs would complement your filling. Try brown sugar instead of confectioners’ sugar to own crust a much deeper, more caramelized sweetness.
- Sometimes graham cracker crust end up with hard after baking, and hard to chop. We’ve observed this occurs more frequently when utilizing national brand-title crackers. Should you encounter this issue, try baking your personal crackers or purchasing a natural or store brand.
Once you’ve mastered the fundamental technique, you can begin getting creative. Listed here are six scrumptious methods to fill a graham cracker crust:
Chocolate Icebox Cake with Graham Cracker Crust
Ideal for summer time, this cake includes a simple chocolate cream filling. It’s easy to drag together and excellent for chocolate enthusiasts who would like a chilled, warm-weather dessert.