Fruit cake is among the best holiday goodies. It’s full of the goodness of nuts and fruits and aromatic spices or herbs. Create a batch for the party with this particular scrumptious recipe from Ammini Ramachandran, famous cook book author of Grains, Vegetables, and Grated Coconuts.
Raisins – 1 cup
Dates – 1 cup, chopped
Candied Orange/Lemon Peel – 1/4 cup, sliced thin
Brandy or Rum – 1/4 cup
Unsalted Cashew Pieces – 1 cup
Sugar – 6 Tablespoons of
Water – 3 Tablespoons of
Fresh Lemon Juice – couple of drops
Boiling Water – 1/2 cup
Unsalted Butter – 2 stays (8 oz) at 70 degrees
Powdered Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
Eggs – 3 large or 4 medium (separated)
Vanilla Flavoring – 1 teaspoon
All-Purpose Flour – 2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger root Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Clove Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Nutmeg Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Brandy – optional for soaking cake
1. Inside a medium pan, add Brandy/Rum, Dates, Raisins and Orange Peel. Prepare for one minute on medium warmth.
2. Add Cashews and then prepare for 1 minutes until heated through. Keep aside.
3. In a tiny pot, add 6 Tablespoons of Sugar and three Tablespoons of water and couple of drops of fresh lemon juice. Swirl pan to combine – don't use spoon.
4. Warmth until sugar changes color and becomes caramelized. (approximately 7-8 minutes).
5. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and swirl pan again to combine well. Keep aside.
6. Inside a large mixing bowl, mix softened butter and powdered sugar and beat with hands blender.
7. Add one egg yolk at any given time towards the mix and blend well.
8. Add Vanilla Flavoring and blend.
9. Mix all dry spices or herbs, baking powder and flour and sift it in to the bowl, adding little at any given time and mixing.
10. Pre-heat oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit.
11. Gently coat baking pans with spray oil or regular oil.
12. Add caramelized sugar syrup just a little at any given time into mixing bowl and blend.
13. Add fruit/nut mixture into mixing bowl and blend having a spoon.
14. Inside a separate bowl, beat egg-whites until they're fluffy and soft peaks form.
15. Fold beaten egg-whites in to the cake batter.
16. Pour batter into greased baking pans and bake for approximately one hour at 325 levels F. For more compact pans, baking time can vary.
17. Remove cake from oven and let it awesome for couple of minutes.
18. Garnish with powdered sugar.
Similar Quality recipes:
- Biscuit Cake
This is a cake having a difference…Biscuit Cake!!! You'll most likely need to fight the children off simply because you would like everything to yourself...
- Biscuit Cake How-to Video
Biscuit Cake ! It’s that wonderful season when you're scrambling for something exciting to thrill that somebody special inside your existence.
- Eggless Chocolate Cake How-to Video
Many vegetarians and vegans frequently lose out on vacation cakes since they're created using eggs. This is a wonderfully simple recipe to have an Eggless...
- Trifle Pudding Cake
Trifle is really a scrumptious dessert usually produced by adding sponge cake, custard, fruit, cream, and often jelly. Do this quite simple recipe for Trifle Pudding...
- Warm Kahlua Dessert
Pound cake with Bananas, lightly sauteed inside a warm Kahlua sauce, capped with cold Ice Cream…YUM! Ideal for two, ideal for Valentine's. Elements: Pound Cake...